Those who want to apply for citizenship to the country of Singapore should start early with enough time in hand. This is because there are several steps in the application process and the time taken can belong as well. there are several requirements in terms of documents and eligibility that one needs to complete before getting the citizenship.
Steps to follow on how to apply for Singapore citizenship are:
The eligibility points to be kept in mind are:
- A child born in another country but to parents who are Singapore citizens.
- One who has a PR of Singapore for 2 to 6 years and is 21 years or more.
- One who is husband/wife of someone who has PR in Singapore for 2 or more years and also who are married for 2 or more years before application.
Factors that affect the eligibility of a citizenship application are:
- Good character report
- If you have PR, then you should have a record of living in the country during that time.
- Ability to generate income
- Financial and social investment in the country for a longer period.
- Documents and applications
After the eligibility of how to apply for Singapore citizenship is checked, now is the time to download the form from the official site. After this fill the form of application and attach the required documents. Make sure that all the documents are prepared and you should have the originals as well photocopy with your form.
Documents required are:
- PR certificate and card
- Borth certificate
- Educational certificates
- Marriage or divorce certificate
- Custody deed of children
- Income tax notice of 3 past years
- 6-month payslips or 12-month history of CPF contributions
- Letter of employment
- Submission and wait
After downloading the form and attaching the documents, one will have to submit the form. Make sure to write a cover letter, and also the proof fo any type of property you might have in Singapore. The idea is to convince the officials that your citizenship will benefit the country in one way or another.
It might take six to twelve months to get any outcome. One will geta an approval or denial letter on the postal address after the procedure is complete.